Since the news of Coronavirus first broke, Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.’s focus has been on protecting the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, suppliers and our communities. In addition, we have focused on our ability to continue business operations and keep everyone working. Like most organizations, our emphasis has been on preparedness and safety.
Emerald is following the guidelines of Alberta Health Services and while this information continues to change and evolve, we believe we are well positioned to continue to meet the challenges of this pandemic.
Our ability to meet the challenges is based on several reasons, including:
- Our team has proven performance and experience navigating emergency events. We are family owned and engaged in our key business operations. Our systems have developed over our almost 50 years in business so that we can be responsive.
- Our tools and technologies enable our team to work on rotation, and when needed, remotely, without disruption, to fully serve the needs of our customers. We have a work from home policy that makes necessary transitions and adjustments seamless.
- Our team is committed to delivering great customer service and support, even in difficult situations. As a result, our customer demand and activity remains strong. We have been recognized for the past 5 years as: Top Choice in Property Management Services in Calgary.
Our team has managed crisis scenarios successfully in the past, and we are well prepared to continue navigating this unprecedented global health event with positivity.
To assist our customers and team members with information about how we continue to adapt, we have been posting regular information on our website at: www.emeraldmanagement.com/blog and a pop-up alert on our home page. This has proven to be an effective tool and resource for our community.
In response to the recent Government of Alberta restrictions:
- As Emerald Management is deemed an essential professional services business, our office will continue to remain open and we will be available to guests by appointment only.
- To do our part in minimizing the spread of Covid-19, effective November 30, 2020, our office hours will be modified to: Monday – Thursday (8.30 am – 6.00 pm); Friday (8.30 am – 5.00 pm); closed weekends. Please note that office hours are subject to change.
- Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. continues to be available 24 hours a day: 7 days a week for after hours support and emergencies.
- All employees & guests are required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Over the next couple of weeks, we will continue to monitor the safety of our team and risk management protocols. Where necessary, we will implement a rotation of teams working and the potential of working remotely.
- In accordance with the provincial guidelines and the Real Estate Council of Alberta, property showings and inspections will continue to follow the physical distancing and masking requirements in place. Property showings are now limited to two family-unit members at a time.
- Whenever possible, meetings and property showings will be conducted virtually. As highlighted in our last Covid-19 Update, we continue to monitor the cleaning requirements of the common spaces of our multifamily properties and condominium communities. We continue to use effective disinfecting protocols including the use of Vital Oxide and electrostatic sprayers. This disinfectant service has been integrated into Emerald’s extensive list of property management and property maintenance services. It is now available to condominium corporations and building owners. For more information on our areas of focus, visit our last Covid-19 Property Management Update.
For individuals seeking information on the emergency financial relief programs and additional assistance available during the Covid-19 pandemic, visit:
- Guide to financial support
- Alberta Heath Services Addiction and Mental Heath Services
- Emergency Needs Allowance
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- Covid-19 Information for Albertans
- Full list of current restrictions released on November 24, 2020
Throughout this time, it continues to be important that we support each other and the community. We are thankful for the support of our loyal and dedicated team members, residents, clients and partners — all of whom, are all integral to the foundation of our success.
Thank you for your contribution to flattening the curve and working through this together.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay positive.