As a Calgary property owner, you will receive invaluable benefits from using the services of one of the leading Calgary property management firms. Our experts at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. will provide you with professional property management services that will enhance your property investment and maximize its profitability.
- To realize the long-term profitability for your investment
- To minimize risks and maintain a selective, conservative and knowledgeable approach to the management and development of your property
- To provide you with high quality and responsive management services
Core Value Added Services For Your Rental Properties :
- Receive leasing inquiries
- Show properties
- Review rental applications
- Perform credit checks
- Prepare leases
- Security deposits in trust
- Transfer of utilities
- Arrange rental advertising
- Prepare inspection reports
- Rent & condo fee collection
- Debit card payments
- Pre-authorized payments
- Direct deposit service
- Monthly statements
- Staff training
- Resident managers training
- Preventative maintenance
- 24 hour emergency service
- Licensed Property Managers
- On-Site Resident Managers
- Licensed Leasing Agents
- Accounting Personnel
- Collection Agent
- Administrative Personnel
- Maintenance Director
- Maintenance Personnel
Why Hire a Property Management Company?
One of the biggest decisions a landlord can make is whether or not to hire a property management company. While several property owners self-manage their homes, many opt to hire a professional property management team to help them handle all of their daily responsibilities. If you own multiple properties, have additional obligations or require assistance with all of the necessary operations required, there are several reasons why you should hire a property management company.
At Emerald Management & Realty Ltd., our professional property managers can bring you peace of mind by helping you solve any tenant-related problems and reducing the number of hours spent on operations at your rental property. Some of these may include:
- Managing, collecting and adjusting rent
- Finding, screening and removing tenants
- Property maintenance and repairs
- Enforcing proper landlord-tenant laws and regulations (this includes proper tenant screening, terminating leases and complying with property safety standards)
- Overseeing responsibilities (this may include managing additional employees or contractors or looking after vacant properties to make sure they are properly maintained)
- Managing the budget
- Maintaining records regarding the property
- Filing property taxes
A good property management company will also bring the right know-how and professional experience to your property, ensuring that it is in good hands.
When to Hire a Property Manager
While not all landlords will choose to hire a property management company, there are several advantages to working with a professional team. If you are wondering when to hire a property manager, these reasons usually signal the best time to consider doing so:
You own several properties or rental units
If you are the owner of multiple properties or have little time to dedicate to handling daily operations, it might be time to consider hiring a property management company to help you out. Having multiple properties means needing to manage multiple tenants, which can then introduce a myriad of issues that can be difficult to keep up with.
You live far from your rental property
If you don’t live close to your rental property and aren’t within reasonable access if something were to go wrong, a good property management company can be an invaluable investment in overseeing your property on your behalf.
You don’t have the spare time
Maybe you own another business or being a landlord isn’t part of your day job. This means that while you spend the rest of your time growing your business, you can hire a property management team to do the rest of the work.
You aren’t interested in management
Maybe you view property ownership as strictly an investment and the day-to-day aspects of being a property owner isn’t in your scope. We understand, which is why we are here to help you avoid the hassles of being a manager or an employer.
Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. is proud to be one of the leading Calgary property management firms. To discuss the management of your property or learn more about our services, call us today at 403-237-8600.