New restrictions were announced by the province last week that came into effect on December 13, 2020 to further help manage the rising cases of COVID-19 in Alberta. Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. has reviewed the information provided and offers the following updates as it impacts property management in Calgary & Area.
These updates continue to be in line with Emerald’s focus of protecting the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, suppliers and our communities. As it has since March 2019, we continue to be proud of everyone’s support and focus on staying safe while continuing business operations.
Emerald is following the guidelines of Alberta Health Services and while this information continues to change and evolve, we believe we are well positioned to meet the challenges of this pandemic. In response to the recent Government of Alberta restrictions:
- Emerald is deemed an essential professional services and as a result, our office will continue to remain open. We will be available to guests by appointment only.
- All employees & guests are required to wear a mask and social distance, unless there is a medical exemption. Masks will be worn in meetings with others, working on-site and when walking in the common areas and at all properties.
- Managers are working with their teams to monitor safety and risk management protocols with respect to remote and rotational in-office work schedules. Where operationally required and safe to do so, team members will continue to work in the office and at the properties.
- Property showings, inspections and maintenance must continue to follow the physical distancing, masking and PPE requirements in place. Property showings are now limited to two family-unit members at a time.
- Whenever possible, showings and meetings will be conducted virtually.
- All employees must continue to adhere to all safety precautions, follow all provincial public health guidelines, and municipal orders.
While the situation continues to evolve, our team is poised to take swift action to ensure we are in line with the new measures and can continue to offer the service and responsive experience we are known for. To assist our customers and team members with information about how we continue to adapt, we will continue posting regular information on our website at: www.emeraldmanagement.com/blog This has proven to be an effective tool and resource for our community.
Should you be interested in learning more about Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.’s efforts or current protocols, please contact us.
From all of us at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd., thank you for your support during this challenging time. Stay healthy!