What is an Emergency?
Understanding When to Call Maintenance
If you are in an emergency situation that is threatening you or someone else’s personal safety, please call 9-1-1 prior to reaching Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.
An emergency whereby Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. should be contacted is anything relating to the property that is a threat to the life/health of the residents or property, and requires immediate assistance.
Examples of Emergencies
A good example of emergencies we have encountered and helped to resolve are as follows:
- Damage from a tree during a storm;
- Sewage back up;
- Gas odors;
- Broken water pipes;
- Electrical arcing/sparking;
- Electrical fires;
- Furnace repair (especially during winter months);
- Water leaks;
- No heat during the winter or cold weather; and
- Elevator isn’t functioning.
Examples of Non-Emergencies
The following is a list of examples that are NOT qualified as emergencies. Calling us after hours to report a non-emergency may result in a service charge.
- Appliance break-down (fridge not working, air conditioning not working, etc)
- Locking yourself out of your home
- Your tap is dripping
We do take Non-Emergencies seriously, but strive to manage these issues within regular business hours, and will use our maintenance personnel and vendors on an as-available basis.