Media headlines regarding COVID-19 are a cautious reminder to stay up-to-date on provincial public health guidelines. It is important to follow the guidelines and information provided by the Government of Alberta.
The impact of COVID-19 continues to impact lives locally and around the world. In response to the recent mandates by the Province of Alberta and the City of Calgary, the team at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. continues to work hard to ensure usual practices and minimize disruption in services levels.
As part of providing competent service, our team members at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. continues to work cooperatively with residents to find a solution for relieving the concerns of everyone involved. If you have any concerns regarding maintenance or cleaning requirements please contact our team immediately.
We are actively monitoring all updates to take care of our people, our clients, and our business. Emerald’s executive team meets weekly and more often when needed, to discuss provincial and local updates. We continue to meet with our various teams to ensure we are responding to implement solutions to address restrictions and mandates.
Communication is key and we continue to connect with residents, clients, trades and contractors. Our goal remains to react to this dynamic and unprecedented situation while continuing to communicate and keep our stakeholders informed as best as possible.
On September 23, 2021, Calgary City Council voted to implement a proof of vaccine bylaw for all businesses that are eligible to participate in the provincial Restriction Exemption Program. As such, the following businesses are required to check for proof of vaccine or a privately paid negative COVID test (within 72 hours) for customers over the age of 12:
- Restaurants (for sit-down dining);
- Bars and pubs;
- Entertainment and recreation centres (bowling, racing entertainment, arcades, billiards halls, other similar venues);
- Museums and art galleries;
- Movie theatres;
- Conferences, meeting spaces, halls and rented spaces;
- Weddings and funerals held in public venues;
- Professional sporting or other performance events (for spectators);
- Private social events held in public facilities;
- Adult recreation sport groups;
- Recreation classes and activities; and
- Amenities in hotels (pools, gyms, etc.);
We understand this is a difficult time for all and we are in unprecedented territory right now. We appreciate your patience as we work to support you.
To observe social distancing measures, as well as ensure the health and safety of our clients and staff, the following measures continue and/or have been re-implemented at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.:
- Masks are worn in all indoor spaces.
- Where essential to operations, team members are working from the office when possible. We strive to maintain normal business operations and assure you that team members are working and available to speak with you.
- We continue to adhere to all recommended health and safety guidelines as outlined by Albertha Health Services.
- Signage has been posted to outline social distancing, masks and where required, how to handle social rooms or amenity spaces.
- We kindly ask any client or team member experiencing COVID-19 symptoms to reschedule appointments with us and complete the Alberta Health Services COVID Health Assessment to determine if you should be tested.
- The Emerald office remains open, but we do have reduced office hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm (note: 24-hour emergency service in effect)
- We ask that you please call ahead prior to visiting our office, even if you have a pre-arranged meeting. If possible, meetings should be conducted via telephone or video conference.
Thank you for your continued support and connecting with us in regards to any questions or concerns you may have. Stay well!
« Return to Blog