With the holiday season upon us and as we approach the the end of a year like no other, Emerald Management & Realty Ltd., would like to extend our gratitude and appreciation to those who have entrusted us to provide property management services: our clients, tenants & residents, our team members, contractors, and the communities that we serve.
Thank you to all our clients and residents for your collaboration and working with us as we continued to provide property management services during this unprecedented time of challenge and opportunity. We are grateful for the support of our people. Especially for their resilience and commitment to providing responsive service and looking at innovative solutions. This helped meet our focused goal of keeping everyone healthy and working. Markedly, the teamwork provided the inspiration to keep all of us mentally and physically strong so that we could remain responsive, positive and be flexible through the challenges and opportunities faced this past year.
We also wish to send a shout of support to all the first responders, health professionals and every other essential worker for keeping us safe and reminding us of the importance of caring for others and giving back for the greater good. It has been proven time and again this past year, that together, we are stronger.
In recognition of the support of being made by those working tirelessly to serve some of the hardest impacted in our the community, in lieu of gift cards, this year, donations were made to the Calgary Food Bank, HomeFront Calgary, Make a Wish Foundation, Mustard Seed, Project Warmth and the Salvation Army.
Like so many, we look forward to the day where we can get back to business-as-usual and celebrate the lessons learned and the successes achieved. Until then, we are focused on interacting safely to minimize the threat of COVID-19 and are grateful for everyone’s effort and cooperation to help keep each other safe and healthy.
On behalf of everyone at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd., we wish you and your loved ones a happy holiday season and a healthy and prosperous New Year.
New restrictions were announced by the province last week that came into effect on December 13, 2020 to further help manage the rising cases of COVID-19 in Alberta. Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. has reviewed the information provided and offers the following updates as it impacts property management in Calgary & Area.
These updates continue to be in line with Emerald’s focus of protecting the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, suppliers and our communities. As it has since March 2019, we continue to be proud of everyone’s support and focus on staying safe while continuing business operations.
Emerald is following the guidelines of Alberta Health Services and while this information continues to change and evolve, we believe we are well positioned to meet the challenges of this pandemic. In response to the recent Government of Alberta restrictions:
- Emerald is deemed an essential professional services and as a result, our office will continue to remain open. We will be available to guests by appointment only.
- All employees & guests are required to wear a mask and social distance, unless there is a medical exemption. Masks will be worn in meetings with others, working on-site and when walking in the common areas and at all properties.
- Managers are working with their teams to monitor safety and risk management protocols with respect to remote and rotational in-office work schedules. Where operationally required and safe to do so, team members will continue to work in the office and at the properties.
- Property showings, inspections and maintenance must continue to follow the physical distancing, masking and PPE requirements in place. Property showings are now limited to two family-unit members at a time.
- Whenever possible, showings and meetings will be conducted virtually.
- All employees must continue to adhere to all safety precautions, follow all provincial public health guidelines, and municipal orders.
The above protocols and restrictions are in accordance with Alberta Health Services and supported by the Alberta Real Estate Association and the Real Estate Council of Alberta.
While the situation continues to evolve, our team is poised to take swift action to ensure we are in line with the new measures and can continue to offer the service and responsive experience we are known for. To assist our customers and team members with information about how we continue to adapt, we will continue posting regular information on our website at: www.emeraldmanagement.com/blog This has proven to be an effective tool and resource for our community.
Should you be interested in learning more about Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.’s efforts or current protocols, please contact us.
From all of us at Emerald Management & Realty Ltd., thank you for your support during this challenging time. Stay healthy!
November 29, 2020
Since the news of Coronavirus first broke, Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.’s focus has been on protecting the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers, suppliers and our communities. In addition, we have focused on our ability to continue business operations and keep everyone working. Like most organizations, our emphasis has been on preparedness and safety.
Emerald is following the guidelines of Alberta Health Services and while this information continues to change and evolve, we believe we are well positioned to continue to meet the challenges of this pandemic.
Our ability to meet the challenges is based on several reasons, including:
- Our team has proven performance and experience navigating emergency events. We are family owned and engaged in our key business operations. Our systems have developed over our almost 50 years in business so that we can be responsive.
- Our tools and technologies enable our team to work on rotation, and when needed, remotely, without disruption, to fully serve the needs of our customers. We have a work from home policy that makes necessary transitions and adjustments seamless.
- Our team is committed to delivering great customer service and support, even in difficult situations. As a result, our customer demand and activity remains strong. We have been recognized for the past 5 years as: Top Choice in Property Management Services in Calgary.
Our team has managed crisis scenarios successfully in the past, and we are well prepared to continue navigating this unprecedented global health event with positivity.
To assist our customers and team members with information about how we continue to adapt, we have been posting regular information on our website at: www.emeraldmanagement.com/blog and a pop-up alert on our home page. This has proven to be an effective tool and resource for our community.
In response to the recent Government of Alberta restrictions:
- As Emerald Management is deemed an essential professional services business, our office will continue to remain open and we will be available to guests by appointment only.
- To do our part in minimizing the spread of Covid-19, effective November 30, 2020, our office hours will be modified to: Monday – Thursday (8.30 am – 6.00 pm); Friday (8.30 am – 5.00 pm); closed weekends. Please note that office hours are subject to change.
- Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. continues to be available 24 hours a day: 7 days a week for after hours support and emergencies.
- All employees & guests are required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Over the next couple of weeks, we will continue to monitor the safety of our team and risk management protocols. Where necessary, we will implement a rotation of teams working and the potential of working remotely.
- In accordance with the provincial guidelines and the Real Estate Council of Alberta, property showings and inspections will continue to follow the physical distancing and masking requirements in place. Property showings are now limited to two family-unit members at a time.
Disinfecting clean added to Emerald Management & Realty Ltd.’s list of property management services.
- Whenever possible, meetings and property showings will be conducted virtually. As highlighted in our last Covid-19 Update, we continue to monitor the cleaning requirements of the common spaces of our multifamily properties and condominium communities. We continue to use effective disinfecting protocols including the use of Vital Oxide and electrostatic sprayers. This disinfectant service has been integrated into Emerald’s extensive list of property management and property maintenance services. It is now available to condominium corporations and building owners. For more information on our areas of focus, visit our last Covid-19 Property Management Update.
The above protocols and restrictions are in accordance with Alberta Health Services and supported by theAlberta Real Estate Association and the Real Estate Council of Alberta.
For individuals seeking information on the emergency financial relief programs and additional assistance available during the Covid-19 pandemic, visit:
Throughout this time, it continues to be important that we support each other and the community. We are thankful for the support of our loyal and dedicated team members, residents, clients and partners — all of whom, are all integral to the foundation of our success.
Thank you for your contribution to flattening the curve and working through this together.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay positive.
Winning the Top Choice Award is one of the largest endorsements a business can receive within North America, so this is a BIG deal!
This is our 6th year being nominated for this award for Best in Property Management Services and we are proud of our team members for working towards the goal of being recognized as the best property management company in Calgary.
Now, we need your help to WIN! Voting is now open and if you feel that we have earned your vote, we would appreciate your support. Your vote will automatically enter you into a draw for a chance to win 1 of 4 cash prizes of $500 given out by Top Choice Awards! Take a moment and please vote today as voting ends December 20, 2020.
When you vote, you are also able to provide anonymous feedback via a survey. Your feedback is very important to us, as it allows us to know what you love about us and what we can improve to continue serving you every day and providing the best customer experience possible. Many thanks in advance!
We would love to win the Top Choice Award… But we need your help to do so. If you believe we are your Top Choice, show us some love and help us spread the word!
Thank you again to our customers and team members for your vote of confidence! We are proud to have received your 2021 Nomination for Calgary’s Top Choice Property Management Company!
Emerald Management & Realty Ltd. Top Choice Property Management Nominee for 2021